Subject: FOSDEM Devrooms+Stands: deadlines
From: Pascal Bleser <[email-masked]>
Cc: DevRooms - FOSDEM <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:58:31 +0100

(You are receiving this e-mail because you are a FOSDEM 2006 developer room and/or stand contact.)

Hi

The event is approaching and we've entered our final stage where everything is speeding up ;)

1. DEVROOM SCHEDULE
===================
The schedule will be included in the folder we distribute to every visitor at the entrance, which is
a great improvement as every single devroom talk will be mentioned in there, giving a better
visibility of your activities to the visitors.

The deadline for sending in your schedule is the *3rd February* (in almost 3 weeks from now).
So please make sure to finalize the schedule of the talks and activities you plan to host in your
respective devroom and to send me that information.

For every time slot, please specify
- - the title/subject of the talk
- - the name of the speaker(s)
- - at what time it will start (the duration being inferred from the next talk's starting time)
Of course, if you plan to do e.g. "open discussion" or such, no speaker needs to be mentioned ;)

As we have many devrooms, please make our life a little easier by sending us that information either
inlined in a mail in text format or as an attached plain text file.
Also, try to keep the subject/title of the talk/activity short if possible.
Note that for the sake of simplicity, we most probably won't include the names of the speakers into
the folder.

2. HOTEL DISCOUNT
=================
As every year, we're sending you a form to make your hotel reservation in Brussels, at the same
hotel as where all the main track speakers will be staying. We reserved a batch of rooms over there
that are dedicated to FOSDEM visitors.
This offer also counts for you (the speakers in your devrooms, the people taking part in your
devroom, etc...).

Of course, you're free to stay anywhere in Brussels, e.g. if you prefer a lower rate.
This is only provided as a convenience and if you make your reservation before Wednesday (read
below), you're sure to have a room.

This year, the hotel is the Ibis Sainte Catherine, which is around 10min away from the Grand Place
(a must-see in Brussels and an awesome place to have a drink or meal ;)).

http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/fichehotel/gb/ibi/1454/fiche_hotel.shtml

Do *not* make your reservation using their website or by phone (!).
You must send the attached PDF file by fax (and fill it out appropriately before sending ;)).

The Ibis Sainte Catherine is around 20min away from the FOSDEM location by public transports.
I will send you information about that later on.

That reservation form will be sent out to the public FOSDEM mailing-list on Wednesday, so you have 2
days to book before the other visitors.

3. HARDWARE INSURANCE
=====================
As already written in the confirmation mails I've sent you some weeks ago, we provide an insurance
for the hardware you bring along at FOSDEM, at no cost.
It covers theft and accidental breakage, but only on the location of the campus. We provide a locked
room where you can put your hardware in for the night from Saturday to Sunday (and there's also a
security staff on the campus for the whole week-end, including at night).
Of course, you may also take your notebook (or whatever) with you to the hotel, but then it will not
be covered in case of theft or accidental breakage.

In order to have your hardware covered, you must provide us with the following information, for
every single piece of hardware:
- - vendor, model (e.g. Dell Latitude D800)
- - type of hardware (e.g. notebook, network switch, ...)
- - an estimation of its _current_ value (in EUR)
- - a serial number or similar unique ID that is visible on the device

The deadline for sending us that information is Sun 12 February (2 weeks before the event, in 4
weeks from now).

FURTHER PROCEEDINGS
===================
I will provide you with the name and location of your devroom and/or the number(s) of your stands.
When you arrive at FOSDEM, please head for the FIT (FOSDEM Information Team) stand at the main
entrance to notify us of your presence, grab a folder and also to ask for information, if necessary.
You can then head over to your devroom and/or stand.

The staff is present on the location from 08:00 on, but the availability of the various rooms may
vary (remember, the event only kicks off at 11:30 with the opening talks, and devrooms only
officially open doors at 12:30) and I will send you the details that apply to your very own devroom.

We will collect your schedule information and publish a combined and printable plan of all talks and
activities, to make it easy for visitors to find their preference.

That's it for now, I'll get back to you soon with further information.

Please remember the deadlines:
- -  3 Feb for schedules
- - 12 Feb for hardware insurance

Thank you for your interest and participation.

If you have any question, please contact us at [email-masked] (or [email-masked]).

cheers
- --
  -o) Pascal Bleser <[email-masked]>    http://www.fosdem.org
  /\\     FOSDEM 2006 :: 25 + 26 February 2006 in Brussels
 _\_v Free and Opensource Software Developers European Meeting